Create Point Slope to a LANDSurface
Point Slope to LANDSurface
The Create Point Slope to LANDSurface tool enables you to simulate where a projected line with a defined fall gradient and specified direction would meet an existing LANDSurface.
Create Point Slope
To use the Create Point Slope to LANDSurface tool:
- Select an existing LANDSurface.
- Select parent Spot Level (not part of the LANDSurface).
- Go to:
- LAND4/Group Palettes/Show Spot Level Palette, or
- LAND4 Palette/Spot Levels.
- Press Create Point Slope to LANDSurface button.
- Enter fall percentage in Fall Palette (negative values = elevation).
- Define fall direction using Rubber Band line.
A new, interpolated child Spot Level will now automatically be created at the intersection point of the (projected) rubber band line and selected LANDSurface.
Should the rubber band line miss the LANDSurface, a warning pops up.
If the parent Spot Level is moved, elevated, or otherwise updated, then the child Spot Levels position will be updated accordingly.