Create Point Slope to a LANDSurface
Point Slope to LANDSurface
The Create Point Slope to LANDSurface tool enables you to simulate where a projected line with a defined fall gradient and specified direction would meet an existing LANDSurface.
Create Point Slope
To use the Create Point Slope to LANDSurface tool:
- Select an existing LANDSurface.
- Select parent Spot Level (not part of the LANDSurface).
- Go to:
- LAND4/Group Palettes/Show Spot Level Palette, or
- LAND4 Palette/Spot Levels.
- Press Create Point Slope to LANDSurface button.
- Enter fall percentage in Fall Palette (negative values = elevation).
- Define fall direction using Rubber Band line.
A new, interpolated child Spot Level will now automatically be created at the intersection point of the (projected) rubber band line and selected LANDSurface.
Should the rubber band line miss the LANDSurface, a warning pops up.
The new interpolated Spot Level is a child of the parent Spot Level and the selected LANDSurface. All three objects are dynamic objects holding dynamic relations to one another.
If the parent Spot Level is moved, elevated, or otherwise updated, then the child Spot Levels position will be updated accordingly.