Create Ridge Slope
Interpolated Ridge Slope
The LAND4 Create Ridge Slope tool enables you to interpolate a Ridge Slope based on:
Dynamic object and relations
The generated Ridge Slope will be a dynamic object and a child of the LANDSurface and Ridge Line. If one of the parents are moved, elevated, or otherwise updated, the Ridge Slope will be updated accordingly.
Generate Ridge Slope
To generate a Ridge Slope:
- Select Ridge Line and LANDSurface.
- Go to:
- LAND4/Group Palettes/Show Ridge Line Palette, or
- LAND4 Palette/Ridge Lines.
- Press Create Ridge Slope button.
- Enter Fall Percentage in pop-up Fall Palette.
- Click on the side of the Ridge Line where you want to place your Ridge Slope.
LANDSurface and Ridge Line, 2D
LANDSurface and Ridge Line, 3D
LANDSurface and Ridge Line, Section
A Ridge Slope is a projected line. It indicates where a Ridge Line’s slope would meet a LandSurface based on a set Fall Percentage.
Ridge Slope, 2D
Ridge Slope, 3D
Ridge Slopes on both sides of Ridge Line
You can generate Ridge Slopes on both sides of a Ridge Line. Differing Fall Percentages can be used for each of the two sides.