Import and export of x,y,z-data
In LAND4 for use with ARCHICAD you can:
- import x,y,z-data and see it presented as LAND4 Spot Levels.
- export LAND4 Spot Levels as x,y,z-data for use in other applications.
Files menu, LAND4 Palette
The Import/Export of files function is found in the LAND4 Palette under Files.
Import file types
There are two import file types available:
- XML file (contains points and faces – TIN models)
- XYZ file (.CSV, .TXT or .XYZ – are used to generate Spot Levels, from which you can generate LANDSurfaces or create Ridge Lines.)
Export file type
And one export file type:
How to import file
- Go to LAND4 Palette/Files/XYZ (or XML)
- Choose file to import.
- Tabulator – refers to how the values are separated within the coordinates file.
- ID – If the points have an ID value.
- Category – in which LAND4 Category you wish to do the import
- Press “Open“.
How to export file
- Go to LAND4 Palette/Files/CSV.
- Name file.
- Select location to save file to.
- Press Save.