Ridge Line Configuration
A Ridge Line is basically a 3D line running between Spot Levels defining a terrain border.
LAND4 Ridge Lines are dynamic objects.
In LAND4, Ridge Lines are used to control LANDSurface triangulation. A LANDSurface triangle will never intersect a neighbouring Ridge Line, but always have one of its sides following the Ridge Line.
Note! Ridge Lines are also known as Break lines.
Ridge Line Settings
- Go to:
- LAND4/Group Palettes/Show Ridge Line Palette, or
- LAND4 Palette/Ridge Lines
- Press Ridge Line Settings button.
- The Ridge Line section in Object Default Settings menu now opens.
Object Default Settings menu
Here you have access to:
- Preview and Positioning
- Custom Settings
- Incl. Slope Line settings (see below)
- Floor Plan and Section
- Classification and properties
*Note! Layer settings in default Category Settings overrule layer settings in the Object Default Settings dialog.
Some of the settings, you can edit, are the settings for Slope Lines.
- Length of long Slope Line Right
- Length of long Slope Line Left
- Distance of Slope Lines
- Long-Short line length ratio
Slope Line cut angles are managed using Hotspots. Hotspots can also control Slope Line length, enabling you to set different Spot Line lengths at separate Spot Levels.
Model View Options
To edit Ridge Line Model View Options, go to Model View Options/Options for LAND4/Ridge Line.
Here you can adjust:
Ridge Line Appearance
- Ridge Line Pen (3D)
- Slope Line Pen (Floor Plan)